In anticipation of our first DM Pilates Class this coming Sunday @ Core studio, we wanted to share with you why we love Pilates so much.
One of the reasons we love pilates is because regardless of your athletic ability, this is a workout you can do. Every person in the class can participate at their own level. This is not a race to the finish line type of work out, this workout is about technique, slow moments and proper posture in order to help you create a well balanced body and mind. .
Here are 12 benefits of pilates. (Source)
1. Improves flexibility
2. Increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
3. Balances muscular strength on both sides of your body
4. Enhances muscular control of your back and limbs
5. Improves stabilization of your spine
6. Improves posture
7. Aides in prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
8. Improves physical coordination and balance
9. Aides in prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
10 Increases lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
11. Improves concentration
12. Aides in stress management and relaxation.
See you Sunday!
D & M